Monday, June 11, 2018

A Sweet Taste of Victory

Ohh I feel very happy, excited and humbled simultaneously, to receive a second place cash prize award at Edmonds Art Juried Show. It's been a  second year in a row. The piece I submitted and won with, called "Desdemona"s Robe" . Many of my students who witnessed me painting and titling this work, would ask, why such name ? I do love indirect, complex titles for my paintings. Titles that  open up a different dimension, another layer of the seemingly simple story behind every my painting.
Othello, wearing women's, lavish night robe, gives us a striking clue, that Desdemona, his wife is already dead.But this is my interpretation.But what is yours?
  Here is the painting "Desdemona"s Robe" . To see it in person, please go to Edmonds Art festival this coming weekend.

"Desdemona"s Robe" 
And now, is Day 5 of my Small Paintings- Big Sale" promotional clearance.
" Sultry Noon" A plain air piece I painted near  Beacon Rock State park.


Price is $ 100.00 
SOLD 



No comments:

Post a Comment