Monday, July 14, 2014

"WELCOME TO ROSLIN"

"Welcome to Roslin" is a title of my new plein air piece, which received a Best in Show cash award at the 6th Annual Fresh Air Festival in Cle Elum/Roslin - Both of my award pieces are for sale. Free shipping in the USA as always .


"Welcome to Roslin"oil on linen, 11x14 - $650


What a fun, exciting  and fruitful plein air expedition we had: a week of painting open fields, river rifts, and green miles. In addition, we all participated in an artist competition that was part of the Fresh Air art festival and took a workshop with Ned Mueller.  I also provided a three-day workshop to my students. 

I am particularly pleased to announce that two of my plein air paintings  received cash-prize awards: "Six o'clock Sky" received a second place and "Welcome to Roslin" won Best in Show.  Moreover, my talented student Peggy Dare collected about four different awards.

As an artist who is totally obsessed with the subject and beauty of the surrounding nature, I sometimes forget about comfort and paint like mad, rain or shine.  However, as an educator and art instructor my main rule "Safety and Comfort" for my students is the number one priority:

First we locate the shade or shelter 
        Second we locate the restrooms
Third we find the spot to paint

In addition to the beauty of the surroundings, safety and comfort was one of the reasons I took my dedicated group of painters  to Salmon La Sack park.  Even in 100- degree heat, we were able to paint under the shadow of old trees, while enjoying a cool river breeze.  As my student Jackie called it,  a "Spa experience of a Plein Air" - I'm all up for it!

               
"6 O'clock Sky" oil on linen, 12x9 - $550
That's what Jackie called a "Spa experience of Plein Air "

No comments:

Post a Comment