Friday, July 18, 2014

GOLDEN RATIO...


"Monumental" oil on linen, 12x12 - $350.00

I have to admit that I barely can keep up with all the events, changes and dynamic of my life on the  blog on a consistent base. And mainly because Facebook gives a quicker and more fulfilling feedback on the posts and updates. I still love to share knowledge, artists tips and professional information with my students and followers. Occasionally I share my personal news :)
But today I want to talk about design and composition, about the importance of golden ratio
It's all boiling to design. Your painting simply wont work if the in- build design is off.
I'm sure you all have heard of Golden Ration or Divine proportion. Ironically 95% of artists, including me, coming to understanding of significance of it, only after we painting long enough to polish the paint application and mastering the technique.  I've heard of Golden Ration since I was a teen, attending the art school.
And of course I studied that Leonardo Da Vinci has long been associated with the golden ratio. Da Vinci created the illustrations for the book “De Divina Proportione” (The Divine Proportion) by Luca Pacioli. It was written in about 1497 and first published in 1509. Pacioli was a contemporary of Da Vinci’s, and the book contains dozens of beautiful illustrations of three-dimensional geometric solids and templates for script letters in calligraphy. The original manuscript can be viewed online at http://issuu.com/s.c.williams-library/docs/de_divina_proportione. It was first translated into English in 2007.
What is a PHI ( or golden ratio)?  Read here:

It's fascinating and, much needed for all artist, knowledge ,

Peace
Emiliya 

Sincerely Emiliya

No comments:

Post a Comment